Truck accidents are extremely common worldwide, which leave you in a state of shock soon after the crash. As a result, you must know what to do and what not to do after a truck accident. This article highlights the top 10 do’s and don’ts as suggested by fightingforfairness.com after a truck accident. Let’s dive in!
Top Do’s After A Truck Accident
- Reach a safer place and call 911 as soon as possible so that you can get medical aid at the earliest possible time.
- If possible, document all the details of the accident, like the photos of the truck, the road, your injuries, and more.
- Ensure you take the truck driver’s contact information and other eyewitnesses present during the accident.
- Seek medical treatment to minimize the chances of long-term physical or medical problems.
- Contact your insurance company and explain everything to them.
- Hire a truck accident lawyer to collect evidence on your behalf, talk to the insurance company, and ensure you get a fair claim.
- Document all the records regarding the accident.
- Keep calm and do not argue with the other person, as it can be used against you.
- Do not miss any appointments, and take regular follow-ups to ensure your medical health is in check.
- Prioritize your peace of mind over everything else.
Top Don’ts After A Truck Accident
- Do not admit it immediately, even if you are partly at fault.
- Do not leave the accident scene until and unless it is for medical reasons.
- If witnesses are present at the location, do not miss taking their numbers.
- Avoid accepting the initial settlement that your insurance company is offering you.
- Remember legal deadlines, as it may reflect that you are not serious about the case.
- Avoid discussing the accident on any social media sites, as it takes away the seriousness of the case.
- Your insurance company or another party may ask you to sign a black paper. Never do it!
- Avoid hostile behavior after the accident; keep calm.
- People sometimes forget about property damage because of personal injuries. Do not forget to mention the physical, mental, or property damage it has caused you.
- Do not delay medical treatment, even if your injuries are minor, as these reports are important for compensation.
Getting into a truck accident can be an overwhelming feeling; thus, these are the top do’s and don’ts you must follow. Ensure you hire a truck accident attorney to receive fair compensation.